How to Get Youthful Skin with These 17 Easy Anti-Aging Secrets
Have you been looking for the fountain of youth to no avail? There's no secret that when it comes to looking young, you need to work it. You can't combat aging if you won't do anything. You must become proactive and deal with aging naturally.
Why a natural course to deal with aging? Almost everything we ingest and use are loaded with harmful ingredients. Not only are these ingredients damaging to our tissues and organs, these could also cause reactions that could lead to hypersensitivity, premature aging and illnesses. It is therefore important that you use natural products to defeat aging and to commit to a healthier and more natural lifestyle then on.
What you will need to follow this tutorial
Here are a few things that you will need to follow this anti-aging tutorial. You can substitute products with the same properties (for example, skimmed milk with whole milk) if you have these items on hand.
There are many products to choose from but pick sunscreen or sunblock with the highest spf to ensure maximum protection.
- dry brush
A dry brush is a brush used for dry skin brushing. It should be made of natural materials with natural bristles. A good dry brush with extra long handles will help you reach areas like the back, your feet and legs.
- natural moisturizer
A moisturizer is a skin care product that is applied to lock in moisture on skin. It also has protective effects and may even contain sunscreen and anti-aging properties. A natural moisturizer is made from all natural ingredients and therefore can be easily absorbed by the skin and won't cause irritation.
- coconut oil
Coconut oil is made from the extracts of the fruit and it is widely used in a variety of skin care and food products. The reason why coconut oil works is that it is easily absorbed by the body and won't cause irritation. You can purchase virgin coconut oil in a local health store near you.
- coconut milk
Coconut milk is another by-product of the coconut and is also widely used in skin care, hair care and food products. Like coconut oil, coco milk is easily tolerated, has loads of minerals and antioxidants and feels luxurious on skin. A natural store near you may have coconut milk but otherwise you may make one yourself.
Raw honey is packed with antioxidants and minerals that are known to rejuvenate skin for that youthful glow. You can buy honey from supermarkets everywhere.
- plain yoghurt
Yoghurt is made from milk and packed with vitamins, minerals and lactic acid. This helps tighten pores when worn as a mask. Be sure to pick unsweetened plain yoghurt.
Avocadoes contain powerful chemicals that help stop aging and the sad truth is the fruit has been unappreciated by many. Avocadoes are available all year round and are available in almost all supermarkets and natural food stores.
- lemon juice
Lemon is loaded with vitamin C which is one of the most important vitamin when it comes to anti- aging. It also has astringent properties and antiviral and antibacterial properties as well. Lemons are available all year round and in most supermarkets and natural stores.
This fruit has powerful anti-wrinkle properties. Bananas are available all year round and are best when applied as a face mask.
- raw egg
Eggs are rich in protein and protein is needed for skin tissue repair and skin health.
Step by step instructions
Harmful UV rays of the sun causes fine lines and wrinkles to appear. It also dries skin and causes imperfections, discoloration and even cancer. Use sunblock to cover skin especially if you stay out in the sun for longer periods. Use sunscreen as you drive or as you commute.
1. Choose spf 50 or higher. Read labels and instructions carefully.
2. Apply on the face, arms and on skin that is exposed to the sun.
3. Reapply after a few hours. If you swim, reapply more often even if the product you're using is waterproof.
4. Cover your skin with long-sleeved shirts, hats, scarves or use an umbrella.
5. There are skin care products and makeup enriched with sunscreen. Consider these if you don't want to use multiple products at a time
Retinoids are widely used in many anti-aging products. This is because it can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin thickness, increase skin elasticity and can slow down the breakdown of collagen. Retinoid can also lighten brown spots due to aging and exposure to the sun. Retinoid products peel the skin to bring out that youthful glow.
1. Use retinoid creams or use natural products with retinol. Read instructions carefully.
2. Place a small amount of retinoid on a cotton ball and apply on skin.
3. Apply retinoid from the center on the face towards the edges using one smooth stroke.
4. Allow skin to dry. Apply at least once daily. However, if there is irritation, redness or itching, discontinue its use and let your skin rest.
5. Talk to your doctor or your dermatologist about the use of retinoid and retinoid products.
Dry brushing has been around for ages and this is used to remove dead skin cells, improve blood circulation and enhance cellulite removal. Dry brushing should be done daily before a bath or shower with a firm, natural dry brush.
1. With your dry body brush, start brushing starting from the most distant part of the body moving towards the heart.
2. Use long strokes over the legs; move from the feet to the torso and from the hands to the chest.
3. Use small circular strokes over the abdomen and the chest.
4. Use a smaller brush to dry brush the face. Use small circular strokes along the cheeks and forehead. Do not brush near the eyes.
5. After dry brushing, take a nice long warm bath.
6. After your bath, apply moisturizer all over.
Dry brush daily. You can brush on the morning to improve blood flow and energize yourself before you go to work or you can dry brush before going to bed.
Copper for healthy and younger-looking skin
Copper can help heal damaged tissues and protect the skin from inflammation. This mineral has been known as the new anti -aging wonder since it is capable of stopping premature aging.
One way to use copper as an anti-aging remedy is to eat copper-rich foods such as liver, almonds, chickpeas and cashews. There are also organic creams with copper available in the market. Make sure that you use USDA-approved products to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Vitamin C for age spots
You will find a wide variety of anti-aging products enriched with vitamin C. This skin vitamin can remove wrinkles, fine lines and age spots. Aside from its anti-aging properties, it can also shield skin from the effects of pollution and improves moisture content of skin.
There are many ways to get the benefits of vitamin C. You can use akin care products enriched with vitamin C such as astringents, moisturizers and makeup.
There are foods rich in vitamin C including oranges, strawberries, red peppers, Brussels sprouts, grapefruits, guavas and kale. You may also take vitamin C supplements which are usually sold over-the-counter.
Using skin moisturizers
The skin contains ample amounts of moisture to make it healthy and flexible. However, as time goes by, this moisture is lost leading to aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines. Adding and maintaining moisture is important.
1. After a bath, don't immediately towel dry. While skin is still damp, apply a generous amount of moisturizer on skin.
2. Pay close attention to the elbows, knees and the soles of the feet and palms of the hands.
3. There are good moisturizing products with anti-aging and sun protection. Consider these products if you don't want too much products on your skin.
4. If you have sensitive skin, consults dermatologist on the best product to use to avoid irritation
Use a natural mask
A face mask is meant to lift dirt, remove excess oils and keeps skin tight. There are many kinds of facial masks but from most experts, a homemade face mask is the best choice.
A combination of natural ingredients such as egg yolks, milk and honey makes a sweet and nutritious mask that you can use once at least once a week.
1. Use one whole egg, half cup of milk and a tablespoon of honey.
2. Combine these ingredients in a bowl to form a paste.
3. Apply generously all over the face. Don't forget the neck area.
4. Remove after 20 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water and towel dry.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found on skin. It helps skin store moisture and eventually to make skin look brighter and younger. As skin cells age, these reduces their abilities to hold moisture. Products enriched with hyaluronic acid can improve aging skin's moisture content making skin look younger and more supple.
There are anti-aging products with hyaluronic acid sold in most drug stores and department stores. You could also eat more of foods rich in hyaluronic acid such as leafy green vegetables, broccoli, sweet potatoes, asparagus and avocadoes.
Match your skin tone with foundation
If you can't wait to look younger you can use makeup to cover your flaws. Makeup can hide fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. The key is to look for foundation, blush and eye shadow makeup that will complement your skin tone.
Check for your skin tone by checking your skin against natural or incandescent lighting. If you see more pinks and blues then you have a cool skin tone and when there is more red or yellow then you have a warm skin color.
Consult a makeup artist or an expert on the ideal makeup shade that will make you look younger and brighter.
Opt for sandy highlights around your face
One instant way to make you look younger is a change of hairstyle. A haircut could do good but adding sandy highlights around the face will brighten it up and make you look younger.
Consult a hairdresser or a stylist to get the best results.
Coconut oil for treatment
Coconut oil is natural oil that is easily absorbed by the skin. This oil is so versatile and luxurious that it is used in many skin care and hair care preparations.
This oil has essential minerals and nutrients that skin needs to look and feel supple and youthful. It is used as a natural moisturizer and can be used by people with dry skin to people with oily skin.
1. Use virgin coconut oil. Warm your palms by rubbing them together.
2. Place a few drops of oil in your palms and apply it on skin.
3. Use small circular massaging movements to distribute oil evenly. As with applying moisturizers, pay close attention to dry areas of your body like the elbows and knees.
4. For the face, use the tips of your fingers to apply oil. Massage lightly and let the oil stand.
You may also warm the oil using a warm water bath. Place a small amount of oil in a dish and place this dish in a larger plate or bowl with hot water. Let the oil sit for about 5 minutes before using.
Honey is rich in antioxidants and is also luxurious to the skin. Honey is in skin and hair care products and is known to provide anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
1. Use raw honey. Take a tablespoon and apply this evenly on your face.
2. Let your honey mask sit for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Remove the mask by washing your face with warm soapy water.
4. You may also use honey as a face scrub by adding bits of raw oatmeal to exfoliate skin.
Yogurt is made from dairy and is regarded as one of the healthiest foods. The lactic acid in yoghurt can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles in aging skin. Meanwhile, good bacteria added in yogurt can help reduce bad bacteria population on skin.
1. Use plain, unflavored yoghurt.
2. Take a tablespoon and apply it over the face. Let this settle for at least 15 minutes
3. Remove your yoghurt mask by washing your face with mild soap and warm water.
4. Repeat this at least twice a week.
Coco milk is from pressed fresh coconut meat. This milk is rich in nutrients that can help remove age spots, tighten skin and make you look younger. You may use coconut milk as an alternative to plain milk in making natural face masks. You can use coconut milk as moisturizer as well.
Avocados contain high amounts of antioxidants that can reverse signs of aging. This delicious fruit can be eaten to get its awesome benefits and it can also be an ingredient in natural face masks.
1. Remove the meat from a ripe avocado. Place two tablespoons in a small mixing bowl.
2. Add two to three tablespoons of milk. Use a spoon to evenly mix these.
3. Apply on skin like a mask. Remove after 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Wash your face with mild soap and warm water and then pat dry with a clean towel.
Bananas are rich in minerals that can rejuvenate skin and make you look younger and brighter. Aside from eating bananas, you may use it as a face mask.
1. Take a ripe banana and peel it. Cut it into small pieces and place in a small bowl.
2. Add two to three tablespoons of milk. Use a spoon to mash the banana and to mix everything.
3. Apply on clean face like a mask. Let it stay for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Remove the banana milk mask off by washing your face with warm water and mild soap.
Lemon juice is a good astringent and will remove excess oils, dirt and grime that make skin old and dull. It is also rich in vitamin C which is essential in keeping skin youthful and vibrant.
1. Squeeze lemon juice in a small bowl.
2. Use a cotton ball to apply lemon juice on the face. Use it like an astringent but don't rub the skin too much.
3. Let lemon juice dry on face. Wash your face with warm water and mild soap.
Aging gracefully is every woman's dream and to turn this dream into a reality woman needs all the help she can get to stay youthful and curb aging. There are many was to stop aging with natural anti-aging remedies leading the way. Natural anti-aging is better than using chemicals that can only damage skin. With natural products, skin will look youthful and glowing without the ugly side effects.
Do you have your own anti-aging remedies that you like to share? Add these on the comments section below. If you like this article, make sure you share it with your friends and family.