How to Remove Skin Tags Easily with These 5 Home Remedies
What are skin tags? Are they dangerous to the skin? Are there ways that you can remove them naturally? Below are ways on how to remove skin tags easily in five very useful home remedies.
You don’t have to worry too much because, yes there are remedies that you can do at home to help remove them. Skin tags are small growths or you can say, flaps of the skin that can be found commonly around your neck, around the eyes, underarms, and even around the breasts or groin areas.
They are usually caused by skin irritation, friction, genetics, and obesity. Another thing that you don’t have to worry about is that they are very harmless. They would usually affect one out of four people which mean they can be pretty common and that they exist in different sizes. You can find very small skin tags in other people while some others have bigger ones. The bigger ones are more often removed through surgery, but if you don’t want to go under the knife and you can control the skin tag, the best way is to remove it naturally. There are times when you find these skin tags annoying when you move around, sit, and do any other activity, while others want them gone for cosmetic reasons. Whatever reason you have in removing them, there is always a solution out there.
If you are confident that you can go through a surgical procedure, you can always consult with your doctor and arrange an appointment to have them cut off, burned off, and in some cases, frozen off.
Then again if you are looking for milder solutions that are also cost-effective, you can always turn to home remedies with ingredients that you can easily find around your kitchen.
Here are the things you'll need to acquire and remember to do to start clearing your skin up and making it zit free. It's a mix of standard and homemade treatments for your perusal.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- It’s no surprise that Apple cider vinegar has become a really popular home remedy. It is also used for the skin, among many others. It helps in clearing up the skin and makes as an amazing all natural astringent. All you would need to do is get a clean cloth and soak the diluted apple cider vinegar and wipe the washcloth on your face. You can also dab a bit of apple cider vinegar on age spots, acne scars, pimples, and so on your face and leave them on overnight. You will see the huge difference on how the scars reduce in their appearance.
- It provides a protective acidic layer that helps make the skin feel smoother. It also absorbs excess oil and reduces fine lines on the face. Apple cider vinegar does this by restoring the skin’s proper pH levels. It also has beta-carotene that helps in countering future skin damages.
- You can easily find apple cider vinegar in the market, or you can choose to order them from health stores online. They are a great help and can do wonders for the body as well.
- Cotton Balls
- Another common thing that you can find around the house.it will be easy enough to procure this item as you may have a jar or two stacked at home.
- These are basically cotton pads that are made of cotton. They are usually used for medical or even cosmetic purposes. They can be used o stop and prevent bleeding from certain wounded areas of the body. They are also used to stop further bleeding from injections or during venipuncture. Mostly, secured with a tape to stay in place.
- Nowadays a lot of cotton balls are made out of cheaper and bleached synthetic fibers like polyester.
- Baking Soda
- This is also one of the most common things that you can find in your home. You can find it on the market or in stores around the area easily.
- It is a good solution when it comes to exfoliating the dead skin. It is very effective in removing old cells but at the same time, it doesn’t damage the new growth that is underneath.
- Baking soda is under the category of physical exfoliates. They remove the skin cells from the top layer through scraping them off physically.
- They do this through the abrasive action of the particles that can be found in the baking soda mix. Its effectiveness is thanks to the fine yet hard powder which helps in removing the dead skin cells without giving the skin irritation.
- Baking soda can also be used as a facial wash or facial cleanser to remove the dead skin cells as well as the dirt or the oil from the skin. They help in unclogging the pores and also prevent skin conditions like acne.
- Castor Oil
- There are many ways that castor oil helps in improving the skin and getting rid of skin tags.
- They are amazing moisturizers.
- They have highly concentrated fatty acids that penetrate the skin easily and this helps remove the dry patches within and restores the hydration that the skin needs. Even though there are many other uses for castor oil, it is particularly popular on the skin and moisturizing industry.
- Castor oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which make it great to use on the skin and even on the hair for improvement.
- They are extracted through pressing the seeds of the castor plant. It is also becoming an important bio-based raw material when it comes to producing textiles, soaps, cosmetics, massage oils, as well as medicine.
- It is a native in the tropical areas of Africa as well as India. Castor oil is popular due to the oil-rich castor beans and it is particularity safe for everyday use.
- Tea Tree Essential
- Tea tree essential oil is probably the most researched oil of all. They come from Melaleuca in Australia and have been used as an aid to healing especially when it comes to treating skin conditions.
- It has many uses that make it a good commodity for health and beauty buffs. It is an active ingredient that is used in many cosmetic products for the skin, as well as nail creams, face wash, and even in massage oils.
- It has a natural antiseptic action and also has potent anti-inflammatory abilities. This is also used as an alternative to conventional medication and has proven itself effective.
- You get no adverse side effects from using this.
- It is also an ingredient in many creams, lotions, and moisturizers. However, it is also recommended to invest in a bottle of 100% pure tea tree oil for your own medical purposes.
- It is one of the safest essential oils that can be used on the skin and you can even use undiluted forms in very small quantities. Just make sure to perform a skin patch test before using it just to safe. Or you can also dilute it with a carrier oil like almond, coconut, or jojoba oil.
- Cold Water
- Basically, water that has been cooled in your fridge.
- Nail Polish
- It may look surprising but nail polish can actually help in removing skin tags.
- This is a great way to remove skin tags especially when you are on a tight budget.
- Before using any method for removing them, you should always check with your doctor.
- Nail polish can get rid of skin tags, but it is not appropriate use for everyone. There are some precautions that you have to be careful about.
- Don’t use clear nail polish on your skin tags especially when you’re pregnant. Also, don’t use it when you have an infected skin tag, or of it affects a sensitive area on your body.
- Avoid placing it on your eyelids, face, the groin, and on the genital area. If your skin tags are in these places, then you should try to look for other remedies.
- Also, make sure you are not allergic to nail polish before you use it.
- Getting rid of skin tags through lemon juice is deemed as possible.
- Lemons have citric acid which decomposes the walls of skin tags gradually. This means that frequent appreciation of lemon on the skin tag will help starve if off oxygen and eventually fall off.
- It can take time, but the solution is all natural and safe.
Five Home Remedies On Removing Skin Tags (Step By Step Instructions)
#1. Apple Cider Vinegar And a Cotton Ball
For this, you will need to cleanse and dry the skin around the tag. You can then soak the cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar you have prepared. Before applying, make sure that you have squeezed out any excess apple cider vinegar from the cotton ball. Gently apply the cotton ball to the skin tag.
You can then leave it to dry naturally. In order for you to see the effects, you will need to repeat this process around three times a day,
Basically, after a few days, the skin tag would start to turn brown and it will eventually dry out. In about seven to ten days, the skin tag is expected to turn black and completely dry out. It will then fall off from the skin automatically.
#2. Baking Soda And Castor Oil
Prepare the baking soda and the castor oil you will need for this remedy. Ready a clean bowl as well to mix them in. Add one teaspoon of baking soda in the clean bowl and also add one and a half teaspoon of castor oil in it. Mix them well until they turn into a paste.
Start applying the paste on the affected areas of your skin. Leave it there for half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
In order for this remedy to work, make sure to repeat the process two to three times a day withing ten to fifteen days. This will help in making your skin tags vanish completely.
#3. Tea Tree Essential Oil And Cold Water
For this remedy, you will need two to three drops of tea tree essential oil in four to five teaspoons of cold water. Make sure that you mix them well.
Before you apply the solution, clean the skin tag thoroughly to remove any excess oil or dirt surrounding it.
Get a cotton ball and with the paste and gently massage it on the skin tag. You can also massage the surrounding are of the skin tag with this solution.
Do not wash it off and leave it to dry on its own. For best results, make sure to repeat the process three times a day for a month to completely get rid of the skin tag.
This is the easiest remedy among the rest, but you should also be careful especially when you have certain allergies or if there are any irritations on your body or around the skin tag. Nail polish is not a good idea for infected skin tags and irritated skin as well as for application on sensitive areas of the body.
Use the nail polish and cover the skin tag with it. You should leave it on to dry and then repeat it for at least a few days. It is expected that the skin tag will be removed completely.
Cut up a fresh lemon in half. You will need the lemon juice which is why you would want to catch it with a cotton ball. Apply the cotton ball directly to the skin tag and the skin that is surrounding it. For the best results, do not wash the lemon juice off.
Make sure that it is integrated into your daily routine. In the long run. You will start to see the difference and have your skin tag naturally removed.
Don’t Forget To Check Out The Tutorial Video!
To make the instructions clearer, why don’t you go and check out the tutorial video on YouTube?
Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOpJysB_Lws
Embed: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sOpJysB_Lws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Home Remedies Are The Best!
Did you guys enjoy the simple tutorial? It’s not that hard plus, you get the ingredients that you need right in your home.
There are many times that you would have wanted to get the skin tags surgically removed, however, this is not at all cost effective especially when you’re on a budget. The importance of this home remedy tutorial is to give you more ideas on how you can deal with the skin tags in a more natural way. These tutorials are very safe and you don’t even have to spend hundreds of dollars just to get rid of a tiny skin tag on your body.
What did you think of the home remedies? Will you be trying them out? If you loved it as much as I did, don’t forget to share and like this article!