Best Way To Grow A Beard
Whether you want to grow a beard to improve your style or you want to look more mature, growing your beard may not be as easy as it looks. Because aside from growing, there is styling your beard to make you look neat at the office, at school or home. There is maintaining your beard so it won’t grow unruly and untidy day after day. You must also learn simple tricks of the trade to grow your beard even if you don’t have a lot of facial hair.
If you are the type who can’t grow a beard or even a decent mustache, worry no more. You don’t need to resort to medications to grow your hair immediately. We have gathered top techniques to help you grow, maintain and style your beard. Once you are done following our guide, you will have a luxurious flowing beard in no time.
What You Will Need To Follow This Tutorial
You will need a few things to grow, maintain and style your beard. You may have heard of salon products to style and groom beards. There is nothing wrong with using these products as long as you stay safe and use products that won’t irritate your skin. It’s always best to use natural products especially if you are trying hard to grow your beard. We have included natural hair care items and some trusted store-bought products in our list.
- Lukewarm water – you must use lukewarm water to wet your face and beard and when rinsing products that you apply on your face. Lukewarm water will open pores to remove oil, dirt and dead skin. Soap and facial washes can easily, and gently flush dirt and excess oils away if pores are open.
- Warm water – you need warm water to prepare your beard for a shave. Yes, despite learning how to grow your beard, you will also find out how important shaving is as well as trimming your beard. Prepare warm water in a basin.
- Facial wash or foam wash with activated charcoal – there are many brands as well as kinds of facial washes, but the best one for men is a kind with activated charcoal. This formula will help remove dirt, excess oils and stubborn grime because activated charcoal can lift these away from the skin. It will also keep skin oil-free and therefore blemish-free making skin ready for healthy and soft beard growth.
- Shaving cream – regular shaving cream would do great. You might have your preference, and this is OK. You may even prefer shaving gels instead of shaving cream, and it does not matter because both of these can prevent stubble from drying out and eases shaving. We will have a list of the best of the best shaving creams and gels for you as well.
- Clean towels, small soft face towels – dry your face with a clean, soft towel. Treat your beard and mustache like your hair, just pat these dry, and you are good to go. Small soft face towels will be used when applying warmth or heat on the face to stimulate hair growth.
- A disposable razor – a lot of men would agree that it’s better to use a disposable razor rather than an intimidating, noisy shaver. You get better control especially near the tips and edges, and of course, you don’t need to worry about changing the blades. Just use and dispose of!
- A small pair of scissors – a pair of trimming scissors would do great. You will need scissors to make instant cuts to shape your beard and mustache and to correct mistakes as well. Make sure that these are super-sharp though.
- Mirror – you need a large mirror to check your beard easily and when you shave and trim your beard. Good lighting is also important.
- Aloe vera – Aloe Vera has been long since used as a hair treatment. And if this works on hair, it can also work on beards and mustaches. Many products contain Aloe Vera, but in this tutorial, we will use a fresh aloe leaf. Get the largest and the fattest one in your garden.
- Coconut oil – another popular and very effective natural treatment for growing hair is coconut oil. Pure coconut oil contains hair-care nutrients that can nourish the scalp and grow longer, thicker and healthier hair in no time. If possible, use VCO or virgin coconut oil which is available in natural health stores and drug stores.
- Almond oil – a very popular hair care treatment is almond oil. This oil contains vitamin E; magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids that can help grow hair treat hair loss and damaged hair. Use only pure almond oil which is also available in health shops and drug stores.
- Tea tree oil – tea tree oil is very popular in growing hair. It can unclog hair follicles, nourish hair roots and can help treat hair loss. Only a few drops of tea tree oil in your favorite shampoo and you are ready to go. This is available from health shops as well.
- Jojoba oil – another popular skin and hair care regimen is jojoba oil. You will be able to moisturize skin and hair and rejuvenate hair to promote hair growth from the roots. You can use products with jojoba oil or use raw oil to grow a full beard in no time.
- Loofahs or scrubbers – you need scrubbers and loofahs to scrub dead skin, dirt and grime away gently. Use natural loofah bars and body brushes with soft, natural bristles. Aside from cleaning dirt, these can also help stimulate blood flow on the face to help boost hair growth.
- Beard wax and gels – beard wax and gels are commercial –prepared products that can help maintain and style your beard and mustache. There is a lot to choose from, and we have some top brands for you.
Step by Step Instructions
Growing Your Beard
Take note that these tips are for men who can grow their beard without any trouble at all. These are very easy instructions and will only take a few minutes to do.
1. Ditch shaving your beard
If you want a full beard, then you must stop shaving. Some men can grow a thick beard by not shaving for a week or two while some might grow one in just a matter of days. The rate of hair growth varies from one person to another, and you can boost hair growth rate with a few tricks while hair growth can be affected by illness and poor health as well.
If you are prepared to ditch shaving then you must remember the following:
- Don’t shave but cut and groom your hair. You will end up looking unruly if you neglect to groom your hair as well.
- Don’t shave but trim your beard a little bit. Trimming can stimulate hair growth. It also prevents splits that can work their way to the strands of your beard which can eventually break off hair strands.
- Don’t shave but maintain a clean appearance by keeping your clothes neat and your face clean and clear.
- Don’t shave but wash your beard with shampoo and conditioner at least three times a week. Keep your beard looking healthy, smooth and soft by using beard oils, waxes or gels.
2. Regular trims are a must
Yes, we are still talking about growing your beard! Although this step is exactly the opposite of growing hair, trimming your beard will help it grow longer, healthier. When you let your beard grow, the tips can develop split ends. Trimming will prevent splits from moving to the stands of hair and stops splits from breaking hair off. Split ends can cause hair to look shorter too so trimming splits can make your hair and even your beard appear longer. When trimming hair on the head, a stylist usually removes an eight of an inch off every 10 to 12 weeks. You can also use the same regimen to control split ends on your beard as you grow it longer.
- Take a small pair of scissors to trim hair. Make sure that these are sharp so you can easily cut hair well.
- Face a mirror and trim in a well-lit room.
- Cut at least an eighth of an inch once your beard has grown longer. Trim your beard even if you don’t see splits.
- You may trim near the lips to style your mustache and don’t forget to trim along the neck area. You may want to use a razor to remove hair at this area since hairs along the neck are usually sparse and grow very near the skin.
3. Shampoo and condition your beard
As you let your beard grow longer, take care of it every day by washing thoroughly with lukewarm water. You don’t need to shampoo and condition daily because these can dry your beard. Use shampoo and conditioner products that you also use on your head. Chances are if these work best on your hair and scalp, these can also work well on your beard.
- As you wash your hair and wait for the conditioner to work its magic, wet your beard and mustache.
- Use the very little amount of shampoo (smaller than a pea-size portion) on your beard.
- Use both hands to massage the shampoo on your beard gently. Use your fingertips (but not your fingernails) to massage the shampoo starting from the sides of the head going down the chin.
- Massage using small circular strokes as you make your way to the neck which needs larger circular strokes. Don’t forget to apply shampoo on your mustache. Use your pointer fingers to massage the product.
- Rinse the shampoo of your beard. Use lukewarm water to rinse the product completely off.
- Now use hair conditioner. Apply it just like you would the shampoo but this time, let it stay for one to two minutes. After the allotted time, rinse.
- Use a clean, soft towel to pat your beard and mustache dry.
4. Use an oil mask treatment at least once a week
An oil mask is using pure, refined and potent oils to condition hair. This is important especially if your beard is already several inches long. An oil mask treatment will help your beard grow longer and thicker as well. You can use any natural oil or a combination of oils to help you treat hair. A popular recipe uses a cup of coconut oil, a tablespoon of almond oil and a tablespoon of jojoba oil. Mix these oils and heat them slowly in a water bath. Here are the steps to use it.
- Whether you are using one, two or more oils, you need to “wake up” your oils to get the best effect. One way to do this is to place your oil in a small dish which will be placed in a hot water bath. Just let the oil warm up a bit, and afterward, you may use it.
- Take a few drops of oil and place these on the palm of your hands. Apply on your beard just like you would your shampoo and conditioner.
- Massage the oil using your fingertips. Work small circular strokes from the area just underneath your ear and slowly make your way towards the chin.
- The area underneath the chin going to the neck needs long strokes from bottom going up towards the chin.
- Don’t forget to apply oil on your mustache. Massage oil using your pointer finger.
- After you are done, let this treatment stay on your beard and mustache for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, wash your beard and mustache with shampoo and rinse well. Repeat this treatment at least once a week as you grow your beard longer and longer each day.
5. Comb or brush your beard
Not only does your hair need combing and brushing, but even your beard also needs it. Just like combing the hair on your head, you are stimulating the secretion of oils that will help improve hair health, strength and volume. When you comb your beard, you also stimulate blood flow to the area, and this also helps boost the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the skin which improves hair growth. Use a small, fine-toothed comb or brush. Simply comb from top to bottom, on your mustache and even the hair found along the neck and underneath the chin. Do this several times a day.
Growing Your Beard When It’s Hard To
Not all men can grow facial hair at will. Some require a little bit of TLC to help hair to start growing, to have thicker hair and of course stronger hair. These tips are very easy to do and require materials that are readily available from supermarkets, drug stores or health shops. You can even make your ingredients in the case of using Aloe Vera or coconut oil. But if you don’t have time and the means to do these, store-bought materials would undoubtedly do.
1. Use hair boosting supplements
Minerals and supplements that work for hair growth can work for beard growth. Sometimes, nutritional deficiencies can affect the way your body works and can affect hair growth as well. Just some of the most common supplements that you can use for hair growth are vitamin A, B, D, and E. You will find these supplements in hair care products as well as in daily multivitamin supplements.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin – this is the hair growth vitamin and is found in many hair growth shampoos like Pantene. What vitamin B7 does is very important to hair.
- It Improves keratin in hair which is the protein in hair.
- It makes hair healthy by aiding in the production of fatty acids found within the cells of the hair, and this improves hair growth.
- Men and women need at least 30 mcg of vitamin B7 daily.
- Aside from supplements and multivitamin capsules, you will be able to get biotin from yeast, whole wheat bread, cooked eggs, cheddar cheese, cooked liver, cooked pork, cooked salmon, avocados, raw cauliflower, and raspberries
- Vitamin C – this vitamin helps in the creation and maintenance of collagen in hair. It is a potent antioxidant that promotes healthy hair growth. This vitamin is also able to stimulate hair growth even after hair loss.
- This is perfect for old people and especially for men who are unable to grow their beard at all. Women need at least 75 mg/day while men need 90 mg/day vitamin C.
- Aside from taking vitamin C supplements, you can also eat oranges, raw red peppers, kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, strawberries, grapefruits, guavas, kiwis and raw green peppers.
- Vitamin B3 or Niacin – this vitamin helps convert food into energy and maintain the structure of red blood cells. Niacin improves blood circulation and therefore improves blood flow to the scalp area.
- Aside from nutrients in the blood, you also get oxygen from the increased blood flow to the scalp.
- Women need 16 mg/day of Niacin while men need 14 mg/day.
- Aside from supplements, you can also get niacin from the following foods: fish, turkey and chicken breasts, lean pork chops, lamb liver, lean beef ribs, peanuts, portobello mushrooms, raw green peas, sunflower seeds and avocados.
- Vitamin A – this vitamin helps produce the natural oils on your scalp, makes hair shiny, and strengthens and thickens hair.
- Vitamin A has antioxidants that prevent drying and breaking off of hair.
- Some of the top foods that have high amounts of vitamin A are sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots, dried apricots, mangoes, and peaches. You can also use vitamin A supplements.
- Vitamin E – this is also known as the “good skin vitamin” because it has antioxidants that can build and repair tissues.
- Vitamin E can neutralize harmful free radicals from affecting cells. Taking vitamin E can improve blood circulation, increase oxygen uptake and promotes the growth of new hair.
- Vitamin E supplements are available in the market but why take supplements when you can eat foods rich in vitamin E like almonds, beans, fish, peanuts, leafy greens and sunflower seeds
2. Try Aloe Vera for thicker and longer hair
Aloe Vera has proteolytic enzymes that can repair dead skin cells on the scalp. This vitamin also conditions and makes skin smooth and shiny. You will find Aloe Vera enriched shampoos and conditioners. You will also find pure Aloe Vera preparations but do you know that you can make your aloe Vera treatment to grow your beard if you have an aloe plant in your garden?
Take the leaf of an Aloe Vera plant. Leaves of the aloe plant are long and slender and can grow up to several feet high. You need a short and fat leaf which can hold a lot of aloe gel. Just chop the leaf off and make sure you have a large portion to harvest your gel from. Cut the leaf in half and take a spoon to scoop the gel. Place the gel on a small container. You can now use this gel to massage on your beard.
- Take a small amount of gel to be massaged on your beard.
- Start massaging from the bottom of the ear towards the chin using small circular strokes.
- Use more gel to massage on the neck area. Use long massage strokes from the bottom part of the neck moving towards the chin.
- Let the aloe Vera remain on the skin for 15 to 20 minutes. The skin will gradually absorb the gel. After 20 minutes wash the excess aloe from your skin using soap and water. Use this technique two to three times a week.
- Aside from massaging aloe Vera directly on skin and beard, you can also add the Aloe Vera gel on your favorite soap. Just shake the bottle well before you apply on your beard. You can keep aloe leaves in the fridge longer by wrapping it in plastic. But it’s still best to use only freshly-cut or harvested aloe leaves.
3. Use coconut oil to grow hair
An age-old remedy for hair loss can also be used as a treatment to grow a beard. Coconut oil can make hair grow thicker and faster because it contains important vitamins and essential fatty acids that can nourish the scalp. Coconut oil works deep in the hair follicles and will promote faster hair growth, make hair softer and with more luster and will also prevent split ends and breakage.
It is easy to use coconut oil as your regular beard growing regimen. The trick is to use only pure coconut oil, preferably virgin coconut oil on your beard.
VCO is the best-quality and the healthiest kind of coconut oil because it has been processed carefully to ensure top quality. It contains high amounts of antioxidants, vitamins and medium-chain fatty acids that can help improve hair growth and improve hair strength. VCO can be used in many ways to promote healthy hair. It can be added to your favorite shampoo or conditioner products, may be added to food or drinks or it can be applied topically on the beard or hair.
- Just like applying any natural oil, heat VCO or coconut oil first. Place a small amount on a dish and place this in a hot water bath.
- Let the oil warm up and afterward apply on your skin. You can also warm your hands up by rubbing them together before you apply the oil.
- Now apply oil on skin starting from the area at the bottom of the ear moving towards the chin using small circular strokes. Massage with both hands moving at the same time.
- Use your pointer finger to apply oil on the upper part of the lips for the mustache.
- Use long strokes that start from the bottom part of the neck moving up the chin. Add more oil as you massage.
- Leave the oil on the skin for 15 to 30 minutes. This will be absorbed by the skin in a while. Afterwards, wash your skin with soap and water. You can do this technique once or twice a week to stimulate hair growth.
4. Use tea tree oil to boost hair growth
Tea tree oil is a natural astringent and contains nutrients that can help boost hair growth. This oil is very potent, you only need a few drops for hair growth, and you could be on your way to a face full of hair in just weeks. Usually, tea tree oil is mixed with a carrier oil like coconut, jojoba or almond oil. You can also add tea tree oil in your regular shampoo or conditioning products.
- Use only pure tea tree oil. You will find this in health stores and drug stores.
- You only need a few drops of oil in your shampoo. Simply add the oil and shake vigorously to mix it with other ingredients of your shampoo.
- Use the shampoo to wash your beard. Use small circular strokes to apply the shampoo along with the beard area. But instead of rinsing the shampoo immediately right after using, you must let the product stay on your face for at least 30 minutes.
- After the allotted time, rinse your face with lukewarm water. Pat dry with a soft and clean towel and just air dry. Repeat this procedure for at least three times a week.
Styling Your Beard
It’s useless having a long and healthy beard when you can’t style it. Aside from keeping your beard clean and smooth, you need the following to style your beard. The right style also adds contrast and dimension to your face. A well-styled beard will help highlight certain facial features and styling starts with identifying the shape of your face. Gillette shows you how different shaped-faces should wear beards.
Different face shapes
- For square shaped men – shave or trim beard using sharp scissors and let precise lines highlight your cheekbones. The best style for men with square-shaped faces is short of the sides and fuller on the chin. This style will let you take advantage of a square jawline. Just some of the classic beard styles for square-shaped men are the Circle Beard, the Royale Beard, the Goatee and the Petite Goatee.
- For round styles – you will be able to slim your face as you maintain an angled shave along your cheekbone. Make sure to keep hair full on your chin. Some of the classic styles for round-faced guys are the Van Dyke Beard, Short Boxed Beard, Balbo Beard and the Anchor Beard.
- For oval styles – men that have oval faces will work great on any beard style. Some of the most popular are the Chevron, the 3-Day Stubble Beard, the Horseshoe Mustache and the Original Stache.
- For rectangle styles – you must keep your beard shorter at the bottom and longer on the sides. This style lets you show off your strong facial features. Just four of the best styles for rectangle faces include the Mutton Chops Beard, the Gunslinger Beard, and Mustache, the Chin Strap Style Beard.
1. Use a small, disposable shaver instead of an overwhelming electrical shaver
Disposable shavers are easy to maneuver, light and won’t cause a lot of damage in case you make a mistake. You will use a shaver to easily create shapes, to contour your beard and to remove more hair faster.
There are shavers with one, two or even four blades. The number of blades tells you how much a shaver can shave. For example, a single or double-blade shaver can only pass once on the skin so it won’t be able to shave the hair on the first stroke. You may need to repeatedly move the blade on the skin to remove hair to the roots. Doing so can irritate skin. Four to five-bladed shavers can remove hair easily and will not irritate because you don’t need to move the shaver back and forth.
Electric shavers and trimmers are mostly used to remove and style thick beards. These come with different attachments which can help remove hair easily. However, large electric shavers can take a while to get used to because these are mostly heavy, noisy and comes with an electric cable. Disposable shaves are light and very easy to use.
2. Use a small pair of scissors to trim
You need a pair of scissors to trim the edges of your beard. You can never accomplish any of the beard styles without the help of a sharp pair of scissors to use. When cutting beard hair, visualize the style you want to achieve and then cut your beard accordingly.
Do not cut your beard in large chunks. Cut a few millimeters initially and then continue until you have achieved the style you want. You may also ask a stylist to help you out if you are not too sure about cutting and styling your beard.
3. How to cut along the neck area
You have the option to leave the neck area hair-free or let your beard gradually vanish from the chin towards the lower neck area. If you want a clean shave along the bottom of the chin to the neck area, use your disposable razor and shave away. Take extra care when shaving along the neck since hairs are usually very sparsely arranged. Always use shaving cream or gel so that your shaver can slide easily.
If you chose to leave some hair, then a pair of scissors is needed to gradually trim from the bottom of the chin to the neck. You will be cutting fewer and less hair as you move down and you might also need to shave the end to keep a clean and stylish neck area.
4. Should you use clips or rubber bands?
A lot of men who keep their beard long use clips and rubber bands to keep their beard neat and clean. Some men even braid their beard! If possible never use rubber bands or other similar material to be used to tie up hair. Rubber can pull hair and you will end up losing hair than growing them.
5. Using beard wax and mustache wax
There are many reasons why you should wear a beard wax or mustache wax. For practical reasons, a mustache wax keeps hair out of your mouth so you can talk and eat. Secondly, mustache wax creates a glossy look and a firm hold on hair to create different styles.
Using a beard wax is another thing. Beard wax conditions hair by taming wild curls and random growths. Here are a few top mustache and beard waxes in the market that you can check out:
Honest Amish Original Beard Wax
This is an all-natural and organic wax that has been around for more than 45 years. This wax is made by hand and is made from organic oils, fruit oils, nut oil, beeswax, and butter.
Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Care Gloss and Conditioner
This beard wax is made from organic leatherwood beeswax that can only be found in Tasmania. This wax is combined with natural oils like castor oil, jojoba and olive oil. With a combination of top hair oils, you will find this beard wax easy on beard hair. It will make beard hair easy to control and relieves itchiness common in people who are growing their beards for the first time.
Firehouse Moustache Wax Wacky Tacky
This is a handmade product made by a Mississippi fireman John Pitts who decided to make his mustache wax after the company that made his favorite brand went out of business. Pitts has made this wax according to his preference: stiff and will hold in any temperature.
CanYouHandleBar Moustache Wax
This is a mustache wax designed to hold your mustache for a full day. This wax will work even in the hottest and the aridest climates in the world. This homemade product also keeps hair healthy because of its vitamin E and shea butter content. It is locally sourced and handmade by a small company in Michigan.
Applying beard wax or mustache wax is easy. Open the tin and get a generous amount of wax and place this all over your beard starting from the top to the chin and down to the neck area. Depending on the thickness of your beard, you may need to apply more wax. Then, use a comb to comb the wax and your hair down. Combing lets you set the wax and to remove excess wax from your beard and mustache.
Maintaining Your Beard
As you grow and wear your new beard, you need to maintain so you can keep the look longer. If you intend to keep a certain style longer, you may need to cut and shave your mustache and beard regularly. Mustaches and beards can grow fast and therefore you may need to maintain your look at least every day. Continue using beard wax and mustache wax every day.
1. Maintain a clean face every day
You must never forget to keep your face clean and blemish-free. The trick is to maintain a strict face cleansing regimen which consists of using facial washes or facial foams with activated carbon. Men’s skin is definitely oilier than women’s and combined with oil and dirt can result to acne, pimples, and blackheads.
There are many facial cleansers for men with activated carbon as the main ingredient. Brands like Ponds, Garnier, LOreal, and Vaseline lead the way. These brands are made especially for men because the activated carbon can suck out dirt, grime, and oil. Daily use will prevent the development of acne, pimples, and blackheads and therefore would also work for keeping beards and mustaches blemish-free. A few things you must keep in mind when using facial washes:
- Use only a pea-sized amount
- Use lukewarm water to open pores beforehand.
- Wash face using small circular strokes. Remember you are not just washing your face but you are also massaging it so take advantage of this activity!
- Use your fingertips too!Lightly scratch your skin. This will help exfoliate it and remove dirt, dead skin and grime. Use circular strokes to do this.
- You may also use loofahs or body brushes to wash your face clean. These can help remove dirt, dead skin and excess oil faster and in a more efficient manner.
- Simply these are too rough for you, use your fingers instead.
- After a thorough scrub, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean and soft towel.
2. Using eucalyptus-based cleanser
After a thorough wash, your pores are completely open and are likely too sore afterward as well. One way to reduce pore size is to use a eucalyptus-based cleanser. This type of cleanser will help shrink pore size and remove dirt and excess oil efficiently from the pores. Use this instead of an activated charcoal product.
3. Moisturize your skin
Remove dry and flaky skin and rejuvenate skin so that facial hair can grow quickly. When your skin is well-moisturized, there is a better chance that your beard can grow healthy and thick too. So how do you moisturize?
- Use only natural products to moisturize your face. Sure there are a lot of moisturizing products to use but go for a natural moisturizer that won’t irritate skin. You can use oils like coconut oil, jojoba oil or almond oil to moisturize. These oils are natural, have no irritating scents, artificial colors, and preservatives that usually irritates. Natural oils can be easy to absorb as well. You won’t have to worry about feeling icky afterward.
- The best time to apply moisturizers is quickly after washing your face. Pat your face dry and just before it dries, apply moisturizing oils. This will lock in moisture and keep your face looking and feeling soft for a long time.
- Use only a minimal amount. Concentrate on very dry areas of your face like your forehead, cheeks, chin, and neck. If you are already growing your beard, use the oil to moisturize your beard as well.
- Use a comb to set your beard after applying moisturizing oils
4. Eat healthy for a healthy, flowing beard
We talked about getting nutrients from supplements but why use supplements when you can eat food instead? Eat plenty of foods rich in protein because you need protein to boost cell and tissue growth and development and of course help you grow your beard faster. High-quality protein sources are meats, fish, milk, eggs, nuts, seafood, and poultry.
Aside from protein-rich foods, you must also increase fiber intake which will help you improve your digestive system. Improving digestion and developing regular bowel movements will help you remove waste and toxins better. Fiber-rich foods are fruits and vegetables.
5. Exercise daily
Daily exercise can help improve blood circulation and help boost hair growth. Exercise at your own pace though and don’t overexert yourself. Start with simple stretches, jogging, walking or biking. You can also use alternative routines to stay fit and improve blood flow like dancing, sports, and other outdoor activities.
6. Take naps and adequate sleep
Your body needs time to recuperate and rest. You must take adequate amounts of sleep and rest to grow a healthy flowing beard. It’s true that when we lack sleep or are very tired, hair also feels the strain. Therefore aside from caring for your beard and maintaining it, you must at least get 6 to 8 hours of sleep.
7. Avoid stress
Another factor that can affect hair growth is stress. When you feel stressed constantly, your body systems go haywire. Some people experience hair fall, poor hair growth, and lackluster hair. There are many ways to avoid stress as well as treat stress.
You can go out, socialize with friends, play sports, engage in fitness and outdoor activities, indulge in hobbies or take a vacation. If you feel stressed all the time and it’s affecting your everyday activities, talk to your doctor. He can help you deal with stress and manage stress effectively. When you overcome stress, you will also be able to improve yourself mentally and physically.
Did you enjoy our tutorial? We enjoyed making this tutorial too but before we end let us go back to some of the important points
- Growing your beard can take time, but it’s possible even for people who don’t have a lot of facial hair.
- Growing your beard is the first step; you also need to maintain and style your beard to make you look neat and clean.
- There are many beard styles, and these vary depending on the shape of your face.
- There are many products that you can use to maintain your beards like beard wax and mustache wax. Choose wisely and choose natural products only.
- Natural products work best in growing your beard.
- Shaving and cutting are important in growing a healthy, full beard.
- Eating right, taking lots of rest and exercise are keys to growing a healthy beard
- Keeping stress at bay will also do wonders in growing a beard.
We hope that this guide has helped you grow a healthy, flowing and stylish beard on your own. Growing a beard is a challenge for people who barely have facial hair, but this just shows that nothing is impossible when you give a little bit of time and TLC.
Tell us what you think about this instructional guide. If you have your tips to share, please let us know from the comments section below. Liked this article? Share it with your friends and family especially to someone who needs a little bit of help growing a beard.