Best Way To Make Beard Soft
A soft and luxurious beard is every man’s dream. If you wear a beard then you might also be looking for ways to make it healthy, long, thicker and soft. A soft beard is a sign of a healthy and clean beard. It means that you take time to wash, maintain and condition your beard. A soft beard also means that you are conscious about your health; because when you see signs of good health on the outside it means that you are healthy as well on the inside.
So how do you make your beard soft? It’s a combination of using the right tools for the job as well as the best products that will soften skin and hair. Moisturizers are a staple of every beard maintenance regimen. You need the power of rich and natural moisturizers to be able to soften skin and hair. Natural moisturizers are usually made from natural oils coming from natural, safe and potent sources. The most common natural oils used for moisturizing beards are coconut oils, almond oils, jojoba oil and tea tree oils. These oils are top natural ingredients of many moisturizing products however; you can also use raw natural oils as well.
What you need to follow this tutorial
- Shaving cream – one of the easiest ways to soften your beard just before shaving is shaving cream. This will soften your beard and mustache, condition your hair and will prevent stubbles from drying out. You don’t need to use shaving cream if you are using an electric razor. We have three of the best shaving cream brands for you.
- Lukewarm water –you need lukewarm water to open pores to scrub away dirt, grime, and excess oils. Lukewarm water will also soften hair follicles to help you shave easy.
- Warm water – use warm water to prepare your beard for a shave. Warm water will open your pores; soften skin and hair to get ready for a shave.
- Clean towels face towels – you must dry your face with a clean, soft towel. This is every time you wash your face and when you shave.
Special products to soften beard
- Coconut oil –one of the most natural products that can moisturize skin and hair is coconut oil. It can rejuvenate your beard and grow thicker and longer strands of hair as well. Coconut oil has hair-care nutrients that keep scalp healthy to grow healthy hair. When buying coconut oil, choose VCO or virgin coconut oil because this is top quality oil. It is edible oil that can also be used on skin and hair.
- Almond oil – one of the most popular moisturizing natural oils is almond oil. It is natural oil with vitamin E, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. This can help you grow healthy, softer hair and can treat damaged hair as well. Pure almond oil can be purchased in health shops and drug stores.
- Jojoba oil – this is a popular skin and hair care regimen that moisturizes skin and hair. It also rejuvenates hair and stimulates hair growth from the roots. There are ready to use hair care products with jojoba oil, but raw oil is also available to use naturally as standalone oil.
- Tea tree oil – tea tree oil is one of the best oils for growing hair and treating a variety of skin and hair conditions. Tea tree oil is a moisturizer and as an astringent as well. It can unclog hair follicles, flush away excess oil and nourish hair to the roots. You only need a few drops in your favorite shampoo or conditioner because tea tree oil is very potent. Use it as a standalone oil to massage on your beard and mustache.
- Beard wax and gels – Beard wax conditions beard and remains on hair for hours. You will find beard waxes in different brands, formulations, sizes, and ingredients; we have the best of the best brands available in the market today.
Step by step instructions
1. Shampoo regularly to soften beard
One of the easiest and the most practical way to soften your beard is by using shampoo. Washing your hair will remove dirt and excess oils which usually causes thick and unruly hair. But what shampoo brand to use? Use shampoos and conditioners that work on your hair to prevent irritation. But if your beard is extra dry then use a dry hair shampoo. Choose hair care products that are low on residue and those that contain natural organic ingredients.
- Let your fingers do all the work. Use your fingertips to lightly massage shampoo starting from the chin to the neck as you work a good lather. This is just like getting a light massage that will not just remove dirt and will also increase blood circulation in the area surrounding your beard.
- This is your chance to get rid of nits, knots, and anything that can make your beard stiff and tough. Use your fingers to remove these imperfections.
- After you are done, rinse the shampoo well.
- Remove excess water on your beard and apply conditioner. Leave the product in your hair for at least 5 minutes and then rinse it
- Use a soft and clean towel to pat your beard and mustache to dry.
After a refreshing shampoo, moisturize your beard even before your beard is dry. You can use natural oils like jojoba, coconut oil, tea tree oil or almond oil as rich moisturizing oils. A few drops of these pure oils will be enough to lock in moisture and prevent dryness and stiffness for hours. If you are applying beard wax after you wash your beard, then you don’t need to moisturize your beard but if not then you must moisturize ASAP.
2. Shaving cream can soften beard to get ready for shaving
Shaving creams are known to prevent cuts and stubbles during a shave. It will let your razor glide over the surface of your skin. Shaving creams will also prepare your beard before shaving so you can safely and smoothly shave. You must use a generous amount of shaving cream on your beard as well as on your neck.
Usually, you use your hands to apply cream evenly on your face, but you can also use a shaving brush to do the job.Shaving creams come in a variety of brands as well, each with their specific features. Here are three of the top shaving cream brands
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street is certainly the top shaving cream in the pack and has been around for ages. It has earned the “gold standard of shaving creams.” The reason for this title is that it has a lotion-like consistency so you will enjoy a thick, good lather. This cream comes with a sandalwood shaving bowl to easily lather it. The lather will cushion your razor for a comfortable shave. Your skin will become moisturized and smooth all day.
Jack Black Beard Lube Conditioning Shave Cream
This is a shaving cream that exudes versatility. You can use this as a pre-shave oil, shaving cream, and a beard conditioner. This cream will not dry out like other products. It will prepare beard hair for a shave by softening skin and hair. The Jack Black Beard Lube will refresh skin to improve shave minus any irritation. So if you have sensitive skin, then this conditioning shave cream is for you.
Cremo Astonishingly Superior Shaving Cream for Men
Cremo Astonishingly Superior shaving cream is unlike other traditional creams because it will not lather no matter what. It has a traditional formula that does not contain air pockets which reduces the likelihood of developing nicks, cuts, and irritation. It has a slick consistency, is easy to use and is very luxurious to touch making it a good cream for wiry and tough hair.
3. Comb or brush your beard to stimulate natural oils
Similar to the hair on your scalp, your beard needs constant combing to remove dirt, enhance the secretion of natural oils and massage the skin along the skin and hair. Natural oil production can improve beard hair health, strength, softness as well as volume. Combing is also like a massage; it will improve blood circulation to increase delivery of nutrients.
You will find a variety of combs to choose from. There are wooden combs, metal combs, plastic combs, etc. Wooden combs are what prefer more because this kind does not emit any electrostatic charge as the teeth of the comb pass through the hair. A wooden comb will make your hair smooth and frizz-free. As much as possible, don’t use plastic combs because this causes electrostatic charges when used.
- Comb your hair from top to bottom and from side to side. There are wide-toothed combs and fine-toothed combs. If you have thick and long beards, use combs with wide teeth. Fine, short hair will work well with fine-toothed combs.
- Comb away and be sure to check for knots and tangles and split ends.
- Comb your mustache by moving the comb through the hair.
- Comb beard hair on the neck and underneath the chin. Use a fine comb or a fine-toothed comb; the best for combing beard hair along this delicate area.
- Comb your beard several times a day to get rid of dirt and to improve circulation and oil secretion.
- Clean your comb as often as you can; this can become very dirty over time.
4. Beard wax and mustache wax can soften beard and mustache
After shaving and also for daily beard care, apply beard wax and mustache wax on your precious facial hair. A mustache wax keeps hair out of your mouth so you can talk, eat, drink and even kiss. Mustache wax gives you a glossy look, and a firm hold perfect for creating different styles with your mustache. Beard wax can condition hair by calming random hair growths as well as wild curls. Here are the top beard wax and mustache wax brands that you must consider
Popular beard waxes to condition your beard
Honest Amish Original Beard Wax
The Honest Amish beard wax has been around for more than 45 years, and surely there is a reason why. This is an all-natural and organic wax made by hand and is made from a combination of organic oils, fruit oils, nut oil, beeswax and rich butter. You must only use a small amount of Honest Amish wax on your beard. Use a comb to distribute the product all over your beard. Add more beard wax if you have a longer or thicker beard.
Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Care Gloss and Conditioner
This is a very popular beard wax made from organic leatherwood beeswax indigenous from Tasmania. Professor Fuzzworthy contains natural oils like castor oil, jojoba and olive oil. This combination of oils makes it very effective for conditioning beard hair. This beard wax lets you control your beard and relieve itchiness.
Firehouse Moustache Wax Wacky Tacky
A Mississippi fireman John Pitts makes firehouse Mustache. This man had no choice but to make his beard mask after the beard wax company that made his favorite brand stop manufacturing beard mask. According to Pitts, this beard wax can stand tough temperatures and extreme weather conditions and therefore it’s the best for the man on the go.
CanYouHandleBar Moustache Wax
This is a mustache wax can hold and condition mustache hair for at least a day. This wax will hold even in the hottest climates because of its very rich oils and natural ingredients. This is a homemade product with vitamin E and shea butter. So only a little bit of this wax can work with your beard hair all day long.
Definitely it is very easy to apply beard wax. Apply a generous amount of wax and place the product on your beard. Apply it from the top of the beard to the chin and move towards the neck area.
The amount of product that you will place on your beard will depend on the thickness of your beard. The thicker and the longer your beard is, the more wax you must apply. Use a fine or a large-toothed comb, depending on the thickness of your beard hair. Combing will set the wax and remove the excess from your beard and mustache. You can apply or reapply within a day while there are wax products that are made to stay 24 hours a day.
5. Oil mask treatment as weekly treatment for your beard
Give your beard some weekly tender loving care with an oil mask treatment. This will let you grow your beard longer and thicker and softer and fuller. You can use any natural oil or a combination of oils to treat your beard hair. You can use any of the following or a combination of the following oils: tea tree oil, coconut oil, almond oil and jojoba oi. Mix these oils and heat these in a water bath. Your beard will benefit from the nutrients in oil but also from the massage you are going to provide for your skin and hair.
- Prepare your oils to get the best effect. Put this in a small dish and this dish in a hot water bath. This will let the oil warm up a bit and once it’s done, apply it on your beard and mustache.
- Use a few drops of oil and place these in the palm of your hands. Massage it on your bead. Make sure that all areas of your beard are completely covered with natural oil.
- Massage the oil with your fingertips using small circular strokes starting from the area along your sideburns. Slowly make your way towards the chin.
- Use long strokes underneath the chin to the neck.
- Apply oil on your mustache and massage this with your pointer finger.
- Let the oil remain on your beard and mustache for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, shampoo your beard and mustache and rinse this very well.
- Repeat this beard hair spa treatment weekly. This will surely make your beard softer and will also grow your beard longer and healthier in no time.
Growing a softer and healthier beard is every man’s dream, but this is no longer a dream when you have complete tools and materials. There are many ways to soften hair: using natural oils, shaving creams, shampoos and conditioners and combing your hair on a regular can all improve the texture of your beard. Following these techniques will help you achieve a softer, fuller, thicker beard hair and maintain it for years.
Did you like reading this article as much as we enjoyed writing it? If you have some tips about making your beard soft, use the comment section below to write us. Finally, if you like this article, share it with family and friends today.